Hydraulic cylinders, specifically made for shipping
Hydraulic cylinders intended for ships, this is one of the specialties of ABS Cylinders. We have a great deal of experience in the maritime sector, and we know exactly what particular requirements shipbuilders and skippers have when it comes to good cylinders.
New stainless steel cylinders, or fully overhauled cylinders, which, after an expert overhaul, still have years of trouble-free life
This is important to our customers in the selection of a hydraulic cylinder:
- Good, honest advice
- High, trusted quality
- Keep agreements
- Fast delivery times
- Long service life of cylinders
- Because safety is important on board a ship under way
Do you want a standard or customised cylinder?
The “standard” choice at ABS is always very broad: cylinders with a bore up to 200 mm and high working pressures up to 200 bar. Take a look at our standard range of cylinders.
If you want ABS to manufacture a customised cylinder, that is possible as well. According to your own specifications. This can often be achieved with (some) standard parts, which keeps the costs down.
Options for “customised” cylinders:
- Stroke length up to 18 metres, bore up to 500 mm
- Oil connections through the piston rod
- Electronic displacement measurement system integrated into the cylinder
- Sensors for pressure measurement and positional feedback
- Fixed or adjustable damping
- Piston rods made from all possible materials with coatings and ceramics, Ni/Cr 100/50, various Lunac coatings, laser cladding
- Certification/classification from all recognised certification bodies (such as LR/DNV-GL/BV)
- Including sound preservation: primer, spray and epoxy coating
- Preservation in accordance with your own requirements and specifications
Complete cylinder data book of your order, on request
Good to know: the specifications and “grades” of your hydraulic cylinders will always be easily accessible. For those who require it, we can deliver the full documentation: including FAT test, 3.1 certificate, welding certificates.
Complete overhaul of cylinders, ready while you wait
Waiting days are precious to the offshore and inland shipping industry; we are more than aware of this at ABS.
We are therefore able to work quickly on a request for repair or complete overhaul of hydraulic cylinders. While the ship is lying in port, or tied up to the dock, little time is required to proceed with the removal, overhaul and refitting of a cylinder. Overhaul work can be carried out on all cylinders, not just ABS cylinders.
Thanks to the long service life of the ABS hydraulic cylinders, they are used in:
- Wheel houses (lifting column)
- Car cranes
- Bunker cranes
- Foremasts and radar masts
- Dock cranes
- Winches (as a brake cylinder)
- Deck hatches
View also Offshore and luxury yacht building.