Will you be using the cylinder in an explosive environment? Is there an explosion hazard from liquids or gases? Is there a risk of a dust explosion?
ABS Cilinders can supply hydraulic cylinders in an ATEX-114-compliant version.
Our design and the safety analyses are deposited with notified body FTZÚ.
We can supply ATEX cylinders in many different versions, including double-acting cylinders and single-acting plunger cylinders.
The cylinders are suitable for pressures up to 200 bar; on request available up to 700 bar. Please state the desired operating pressure when placing your order.
The following applies specifically to our ATEX cylinders:
- Maximum ambient temperature never higher than +50°C.
- Minimum ambient temperature never lower than -50°C, but this also depends on the hydraulic liquid used.
- Temperature of hydraulic liquid up to +70°C as standard.
- On special request and with suitable liquids, ATEX cylinders can be used with a liquid temperature of up to +80°C.
The seals of our cylinders can be made suitable for one or several of the following hydraulic liquids:
- Conventional mineral hydraulic oils
- Biodegradable HEES oils (Panolin HLP, Shell Naturelle HF-E, etc.)
- Fire-retardant HFC or HFD liquids (Houghto-Safe, Petrofer Ultra-safe, etc.)
- Fire-retardant and biodegradable HFD-U liquids (Quintolubric-888)
- Food-grade oils, incidental food contact (Bel-Ray No-Tox, Shell Cassida, etc.)
- Other liquids: upon request
Please note: not every seal is suitable for every hydraulic liquid. Please state your requirements when placing your order.
Would you like to know more about cylinders with an atex certificate? Please contact our expert staff or visit our page for hydraulic cylinders